I’d like to buy a house. Can I get additional support from my ex?

Additional Information:

Can the provisions of a divorce be changed after finalization?  My ex and I have been divorced for almost 6 years, and I’d like to buy a home in Framingham for myself and our kids and would like additional support from my ex. What is the process and is it difficult?


You can always petition the court to modify child related provisions of the Separation Agreement post-divorce upon a change in circumstances by filing a Complaint for Modification.  In your case, your ex-husband’s income would need to have increased since the divorce, resulting in a higher child support order, in order to prevail on a Complaint for Modification.

Our Framingham Divorce Modification Lawyers at HKWG assist divorcing couples with issues involving children, parenting plan and division of assets in Framingham Massachusetts and in the surrounding communities including: Ashland, Concord, Lincoln, Natick, Sudbury, Wellesley and Weston.


Categories: Divorce Questions.