I have several rental units in Massachusetts. One tenant is causing problems.

Additional Information:

My tenant is behind in the rent and is also creating problems with neighbors. When should I contact a lawyer?


Effective property management requires many skills, but at some point, when every other effort has failed, will require an action in court to resolve the issues. When a tenancy has reached that point is a judgment call by the owner. However, early contact with an attorney will ensure that once you decide to proceed with legal action, you understand the significance of each step of the process and that your actions will pass judicial review. We can assist you with lease review, proper notices to the tenant and preparation of the legal forms needed to ensure that your agreements with the tenant are enforceable by the court, that tenancies that should be terminated are ended, and those that should be salvaged are resolved in a way that the parties understand their obligations going forward.

With law offices in Framingham, MA and Milford, MA our real estate lawyers provide legal services to individuals, families and businesses throughout the Boston metro west and Worcester county region including Ashland, Dedham, Framingham, Franklin, Hopkinton, Maynard, Marlborough, Milford, Natick, Needham, Newton, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Waltham, and Worcester, Massachusetts.

Categories: Landlord / Tenant Questions and Legal Questions & Answers.