How do I get my ex-wife off the deed to my house?

Additional Information:

I have been divorced for 9 years and as part of the separation agreement, I got the house.  How do I get my ex-wife removed from my house deed? One of our lawyers was supposed to take care of this but it never happened. I have contacted my lawyer numerous times over the years to no avail. What do I need to do to get this taken care of?


You must have a new deed prepared which transfers title to you.  The deed will need to be signed by your former wife.  Once this is done, the deed must be filed at the Registry of Deeds in the county where the property is located.

With law offices in Framingham, MA and Milford, MA our lawyers provide legal services throughout the Boston metro west and Worcester county region including Ashland, Dedham, Framingham, Franklin, Hopkinton, Maynard, Marlborough, Milford, Natick, Needham, Newton, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Waltham, and Worcester, Massachusetts.

Categories: Divorce Questions and Legal Questions & Answers.