How do I file an eviction case?

The law requires strict adherence to the timetables set forth in the statute and landlords must be sure to follow them. Those who are not familiar with procedures should contact counsel for help before starting an eviction process. A proper notice to quit must first be served, and a summons and complaint must then follow and be filed in court within prescribed time limits. If any procedures are not complied with, a court can dismiss an eviction action and require that it be started all over again.

With law offices in Framingham, MA and Milford, MA our real estate lawyers provide legal services to individuals, families and businesses throughout the Boston metro west and Worcester county region including Ashland, Dedham, Framingham, Franklin, Hopkinton, Maynard, Marlborough, Milford, Natick, Needham, Newton, Shrewsbury, Sudbury, Waltham, and Worcester, Massachusetts.

Categories: Landlord / Tenant Questions and Legal Questions & Answers.